Studies have shown that casually browsing the internet while seeking new and exciting content for a prolonged duration of time (known as constant novelty) can lead to serious addiction, leaving you with…
1.) Numbed pleasure response
2.) Hyper-reactivity to ‘constant novelty’
3.) Will-power erosion
All joking aside, this is a serious problem for many groups of people. As well as affecting regular internet browsing types, the same applies to video-gamers who overdo it and people who watch clip after clip of porn.
Have you heard of this before? Please comment on your experiences.
- The Perils of Internet Addiction – New Infographic from MapsofWorld (prweb.com)
- Where porn addictions begin (ireport.cnn.com)
- Are Porn Tube Sites Causing Erectile Dysfunction? (psychologytoday.com)
- Study: Porn Addiction on the Rise, As Technology Increases Access (prweb.com)
- Internet addiction is real and you’re probably experiencing it right now (techi.com)
- Is Internet Addiction Real? [infographic] (dailyinfographic.com)
- Psychology | Out of Desperation (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- 5 Things We Do Everyday That Can Become Addictions (dangerouslee.biz)
- Addictions (blackrose181.wordpress.com)
- Infographic: Are You Addicted to the Internet? (pcmag.com)